I found three double page spreads which I liked the layout of. The top right hand corner is from Kerrang! I like how the entire of the left hand page is taken up by and image and I think my double page spread will follow a similar route. I am not keen on the yellow/green colour although it stands out on the white and emphasises the black I do not think it is a colour I would want to use on my work. I like how the image is black and white however I think I would father my image be in the colour and the rest of the page be in black and white. The font for the headline is fairly basic and boring, I would want my to be more interesting and unique like the headline on the second double page spread. The top left hand corner is from NME and is my favourite of the three. I like the medium shot image of Lily Allen, it is a simple pose but is very affect and the audience feel involved. I think the contrast of the red shirt with the rest of the page which is are duller colours. I love the font used for the headline, it is very individual, very much like Lily Allen but its also fun and interesting to look at. I think there is too little text on the page, if i follow a similar layout to this, I would make the headline smaller so there is room for more information on the artist which I think the a 16+ age group would enjoy. Finally the bottom double page spread is from Q magazine. This is my least favourite out of the three. It has much more text than the other two which less images which is relevant for the target market of Q but I do not think my target market would like this much text. The image on the left hand side is a long short which contrasts the other two as if is less direct therefore more appropriate for its age group. Also there is no proper headline, which I do not like. However as I am not the target audience, this is understandable. I think Q is very well designed for people aged 20-40 and hope my magazine will have this effect only with my target age group 16-20.Overall, I think I will follow a similar layout to NME magazine but maybe have another small image on the left hand page.
No comments:
Post a Comment