Friday, 15 October 2010

What I found out!



This shows what published magazines that people aged 16-18 already buy. NME, appears to be the most popular, followed by Q Magazine, the least popular magazines are Top of the Pops and Kerrang. I think if the questionnaire was for the age group12-16, there would have been alot more people reading Top of the Pops, as I think it is aimed at a younger generaton. For example, the third issue of 'The X Factor Magazine' has just been released, and I think this would relevant and a more popular mainstream music magazine for people of our age, as it slightly 'more grown up'. This research tells me that a music relating to Indie/Alternative music would most appeal to my target age group.
This research is further supported in the next questiong about people's favourtie music genre. Indie/Alternative music appears to be the most popular for people of our age. This is followed by most people being interested in R&B music, however I don't think in the UK that there are many R&B music magazines, however this is very popular in America, with magazines such as VIBE, moreover I think this would become very popular in the UK.
I also questionned where my target audience would shop, as this would help me aim the magazine at the right people, and how to style the photographs and information used in the magazine. For example, the most popular shop is Topshop/Topman, this gives me the indication that many people who listen to Indie/Alternative music, would shop in Topshop/Topman, therefore this would help me to style my models and images more effectively. The least popular shop appears to be Selfridges, which is quite an expensive shop, so therefore expensive clothes would not be very appealing to people reading my magazine, as they would find it difficult to relate.
Finally, I wanted to question people on how much they are prepared to pay for a music magazine, I think this is important, as there is no point making a magazine that is too expensive to buy. Half the people said they would be willing to pay between £1.51-£2.50, I think this is a reasonable price for a magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment