Thursday, 16 December 2010

Choosing my front cover photo

From the wide choice of photos I had taken, I needed to decide which photo to use as my front cover photo. As my magazine is a music magazine, this needed to be clear from first glance. Although I had plenty of headshots that I could use as good front covers - these wouldn't be very clear in the aspect of what magazine it is. It could be mistaken for a fashion magazine instead, and this isn't what I want.
Therefore, I thought choosing the photo that includes Megan holding a guitar makes it a lot clearer that Megan is an artist, and not a model.
The other advantage of this photo is it is easier to work around with text, better than the other choices as this photo is further away and therefore leaves more space and background to place text on without overcrowding the front cover image.

No comments:

Post a Comment