Thursday, 16 December 2010

CONTENTS FEATURES


I then began making the list of my contents page. I kept the colours similar to the look that I wanted to achieve and so kept the colours with yellow, black and grey. I made the headings bold and the titles of each section white behind a dark background to stand out even more or vice versa. I then added a subscribe today advertisement on my contents page as I think the contents page would be one of the main pages to advertise other products related with the magazine. I also added a 'to read interviews online, visit www.radio.co.uk/celebs as underneath the title as I think this is a place were people are likely to see it. I also needed to make my magazine look as busy and as interesting as possible.


I also added as one of the main parts of my contents page a 'sneak preview' of Rustie Halo's double page spread. I thought that by adding more pictures it would make the page look more appealing and look like there is more to look at than just facts and writing, which may look a little dull and daunting.
I finally added a band index as after previous research into magazines, I have noticed that NME has one of these in every issue of their magazine, and as NME was the genre that I was going for, I thought that I should do one too. Band Index's are simply a way of telling the reader what bands are featured in the magazines and on what pages they appear on.

No comments:

Post a Comment