Monday, 13 December 2010

Double Page Research

















Before creating my own double page, I researched some previous NME double pages to get some ideas in order to get my magazine looking professional. The title text on the second page is very attention grabbing and appealing and so I would like to find a font similar to this for my own piece. However the text runs accross two pages which is a non-standard feature of most magazines, the photo takes up a full page and the actual article is only short. I am going to try to emulate the style of the first picture for my own article, I like the column on the right which breaks up the rest of the font. The piece has a box in the top left hand corner which indicates what the article is about and the colour is consistent throughout. The title is smaller than the second article and it has a pull out quote in the middle of the text rather than just using a quote as a title. This again breaks up the text. These are all qualities I would like my own double page to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment