Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Research Into Themes

When we were told our task was to create a front cover and contents page of a music magazine, I immediately knew I wanted to do a rock magazine as I enjoy rock music and thought I could create an effective look. I focused my research on Kerrang, as I liked the layout of this magazine. As you can see the Kerrang front covers follow the same theme and layout, with the title large across the top, and a strip of small text above that. The front cover also includes other little stories with a few pictures, and one main picture in the background which mainly focuses on the bands head and shoulders. The colours and fonts are mainly black and white and bold, but with some bright colours like red and yellow for the text that needs to be eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment