
I chose this copy of Kerrang to use as a style model to help me develop my magazine and keep to the conventions of a rock magazine. I kept everything very similar for exampe the poster special as a side bar and the bottom bar and top bar.

As you can see, the title are very similar style. The actual name is seems very loud and attention grabbing which would appeal to the target audience. This is emphasised by the exclamation on the end of the word. The font are very similar as both are slightly eroded which gives a rocky kind of feel. Finally both are white text on a black background which emphasises which title and makes it stand out.
Also the top, bottom and side bars are similar in both magazine.


The only thing I didn't base on Kerrang! magazine is my cover model. I chose my model (Lucy) as I thought she resembled Hayley Williams who is a very popular artist in the rock genre. Her hair colour is similar and both artists have a lot of attitude which makes them seem more attractive. Hayley Williams is seen as very attractive to guys and is idolised by a lot of teenage girls. As you can see below they look quite similar

No comments:
Post a Comment