Right from the start of the year i knew i wanted to make an Indie/Rock magazine. With this in mind i begin to research magazines such as NME and Spin which are well known Indie publications. I particularly looked at magazines with female artists on the front cover as the model I had in mind was female. I noticed that the majority of Indie magazines have a black white and red colour scheme with bright accent colours and i have decided to take this into account while designing my front cover. The examples of magazines I have used for research use simple bold fonts that are easy to read and this is a technique that i will use in my piece.Thursday, 20 January 2011
Research Into Front Covers.
Right from the start of the year i knew i wanted to make an Indie/Rock magazine. With this in mind i begin to research magazines such as NME and Spin which are well known Indie publications. I particularly looked at magazines with female artists on the front cover as the model I had in mind was female. I noticed that the majority of Indie magazines have a black white and red colour scheme with bright accent colours and i have decided to take this into account while designing my front cover. The examples of magazines I have used for research use simple bold fonts that are easy to read and this is a technique that i will use in my piece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment