Here are the images I took for my front cover. I took 16 photographs overall. I will not use all of them, but I can now start to determine which I like and don't like, and most importantly which will work as a good front cover image. Here are the images:
As you can see, I chose to dress my model in a red stripy t shirt and dark jeans. I also made her hair quite messy, and applied red lipstick to her to give her a 'rock' look which will appeal to my target audience. Here are 2 photographs I think look/will work the best:

I like this photograph as it is in a nice position on the page and will allow me enough room to place text around amongst other things around her. I also like how the t shirt and the red lip both correspond and stand out, and also fit in with the colour scheme of my magazine (red, black and white). The stripy t shirt area may also prove a useful backdrop to some text, for example her name/feature. I also like her facial expression, as it is not overly smiley and so still fits in with the rock genre, yet she is still slightly smiling. I also like the way her hair has turned out quite messy and natural looking.

I like this image for similar reasons to the previous one, for example the positioning on this will also allow lots of room for text and features. On this image however, there is space at the top of her head to add my title and the space will allow me to resize the image without cutting off part of her head too. I also like the way her leather strap necklace stands out, as this looks very 'rock-star' like too. Her facial expression works well, she is showing her teeth but now smiling, giving her a kind of fiesty look, much like the one on the Kerrang! Hayley Williams cover. Again, the hair also looks natural so she doesn't look fake, and the messiness gives off a rock look to fit in with my genre.
No comments:
Post a Comment