Monday, 14 February 2011

Plan For Photoshoot

Now that I have determined who my model will be, I will now start to think about what image I will require for my front cover. For this I will need to consider the conventions of the images that we usually see on magazine front covers, especially Kerrang! and other rock music magazines.



































Here are two examples of magazines with solo artists as their main image, as I will also be using a solo artist. From this I have noticed the following things are important:

- Positioning: The artist is central to the page, with text and other things around them.
- Clothing: They are wearing quite genre specific items of clothing. Hayley has a rock-type vest on and Pete has beads and his tattoo is visible.
- Expression: Their facial expressions are both quite stern and hard, this would be different on a pop magazine, as they would be smiling to reflect the genre.
- Make up: This mainly applies of Hayley, as she has quite dark eyes which is typical of rock artists.

From this I can now start to take a few photos and experiment with my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment