Wednesday, 15 December 2010

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?



media research

Q magazine research
Published: Monthly
First published: October 1986
Sales: 106, 367 (2008) latest figure
Editor: Paul Rees

IPC MEDIA
I would get IPC media to distribute my magazine, although they distribute 'NME' and 'Uncut' they have loyal customers who regulaly buy the magazine, my magazine 'SWAGGA' is RnB and is slightly different to the magazines IPC distribute, so it would gather more buyers of a different target audience. I think there is a gap in the market as Q magazine is distributed by IPD and that is more RnB mixed with Indie and Rock and IPC distribute mainly Rock and Indie magazines. There isn't just a RnB magazine so i think my magazine would sell well. I would use IPC to distribute my magazine as it is well known and reliable.

In 2010 IPC restructured targeting three main audience groups, men, mass-market women and up-market women, so although my magazine doesn't fully fit the genre of magazines IPC distribute it does concerntrate on mass-market and up market-women. This is IPC's way of being demographical, demographical means putting people into catigories e.g, gender, age and class. This helps attract the target audience as they have a specific target audience, so sell magazines that fit the specification. My magazine Swagga fits the up market women catigory and also the mass market women catigory, also I think men would buy my magazine just as much as women, it is quite neutral and has a mixed gender content. I think the fact my magazine isn't the exact same genre of the other magazines IPC distribute, is a positive. People will think its a new, fresh, updated version of magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment