Wednesday, 15 December 2010

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


When making my magazine I used a number of different programmes. Photoshop was an essential part of making my magazine cover. I used it firstly to edit the photos I had taken and then to design my magazine cover and contents page. As my photoshop skills developed and I learnt how to use things such as strokes and shadows, my magazine gradually became more professional looking.

Another programme I used was Microsoft Publisher. I used this when making my double page spread as I thought it would be the most convenient programme to use when dealing with text. Publisher allowed me to create columns for my interview text to go in. I also learned how to create a dropcap which was a good feature to put into my double page spread.



To take the photos for my magazine I used a digital camera. This was another extremely essential tool when creating my magazine as it allowed me to take as many photos as I needed so I had plenty of variety to choose from, and uploading them was a very quick process.

I used dafont.com to find the font for my magazine. 'Dafont' has a wide variety of different font categories such as 'eroded' and 'destroy' and so I easily found one suitable for my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment