I think my film could be distributed in a cinema by a company
such as Paramount or Warner Brothers. If the film made enough money for the insititutions, they would agree to distrubute any other film made by me. I would also get the publicity for the film through these major companies so I would be able to gain a profit and produce another film.
I would like my film to be a Hollywood film, made by Universal Pictures and produced by Warner Bros.
such as Paramount or Warner Brothers. If the film made enough money for the insititutions, they would agree to distrubute any other film made by me. I would also get the publicity for the film through these major companies so I would be able to gain a profit and produce another film.
I would like my film to be a Hollywood film, made by Universal Pictures and produced by Warner Bros. 

Columbia pictures are one of the wealthiest and the most successful production companies at the moment. There have been many films released by them and they have been mostly successful. They have lots of experience in terms of releasing British British films. These include 'Dr Strangelove' and 'Snatch' which is very similiar to my film. Other ideas to obtain money are to obtain a National Lottery grant and donations as any money would be appreciated to make our film more successful.
It would probably be distributed by the BBFC as a 15 certificate film because according to the BBFC:
Horror
Strong threat and menace are permitted unless sadistic or sexualised.
Violence
Violence may be strong but should not dwell on the infliction of pain or injury. The strongest gory images are unlikely to be acceptable. Strong sadistic or sexualised violence is also unlikely to be acceptable. There may be detailed verbal references to sexual violence but any portrayal of sexual violence must be discreet and have a strong contextual justification.
Although the movie is quite gory it is not filled with many scenes of this nature. The opening scene is only the real element of strong gory images in the film.
Advertising Campaign
We would also use any money we had on a billboard advertising campaign, but due to the success of films such as 'Paranormal Activity'which have advertised virally - I have decided to market our film virally over the internet. Personally, I would advertise on social networking sites such as FaceBook and MySpace. I would also like to create a website which gives clues to almost a 'treasure hunt.' Each time a clue is found, the face of the assasin is shown with a pixel per clue (like in the Dark Knight advertising campaign.) I would also like to have a lot of different domain names 50+ then my film name would dominate in the area of Web 2.0. It keeps the costs down and it also very effective. The big conglomerates are now using these advertising techniques for big blockbusters like 'The Drak Knight because they are so effective.

No comments:
Post a Comment