Friday, 3 December 2010

Front Cover: So Far

After deciding which photo I was going to use for my front cover I began editing it to make it look more affective. I changed the brightness and contrast of the photo so as to make the background whiter, this made the photo to look sharper and more defined, and I think Megan now has more of an impact on the page. I also tried to achieve greater impact by enlarging the photo, making the image of Megan bigger and so filling up more of the page.

After looking at a number of existing magazines, I decided to have red, white and black as my main colour scheme, as these colours seem to be popular with the existing music magazines and are also suitable for both male and female buyers from all age groups, and so will attract all ranges of people. I also decided that I wanted the title to sit behind Megan because I felt that she would look hidden, and that this would make my cover look clumsy. I therefore cut around the top of her head so that the title was able to be placed behind her. I then added 2 banners, at the top and bottom of the page. I like this idea as I think it is a good way of displaying information without your page becoming to busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment