Friday, 17 December 2010

Preliminary Front cover

To begin, i created a Preliminary Front Cover and Contents page for a college magazine using Adobe Photoshop. Here is the final one:


For my Prelim front cover I decided to have a photo that would have a big impact and would be eye catching to the specific audience (college students). Therefore, I decided to use a picture as my background and then layer things over the top. I think this worked as it doesn't leave any part of the cover blank so there is always something to look at.

However, the picture could of been better as the right hand side is a lot darker than the left, which emphasises the left more. This makes the photo less appealing and I would have to take this into consideration when doing another photoshoot.

Also, the left side is a little blurred which alters the pictures quality. The photo at the bottom is to square and to change this i could of altered the opacity, to make it fit in more with the page.

I do like the title font as its bold and stands out, and to do this I added a slight drop shadow and emboss to emphasise the title. A problem i had with the other text is that because my background was fairly busy, i could only use a selection of colours that would show up against the background. This was difficult as a lot of the colours washed out against the picture however i used white titles and added a drop shadow to make it stand out. I believe these texts would not work on a music magazine though as they are too plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment