
This shows that most of the people that I asked (which will sample the young population), listen to the pop and rock genre. Therefore for my magazine I will probably have the pop/rock genre, which would hopefully have more sales than another magazine genre, such as classical, for the younger generation.


The people who answered this questionnaire were mainly students. To have a target market of students would be very beneficial, which is 16-20 years as it would be easy for companies who target students to advertise in my magazine. As magazines make around 70% of their profit from their advertisers, this would be a crucial feature to concentrate on.
The answers that they had to choose from could have been less specific than they were. In my opinion these answers dont represent the prices that people will pay, for example 'NME' usually costs around £2.30.
This data shows that the sample of young people that I asked do,infact, read music magazines, quite a lot read them weekly. Therefore they should know how much they will pay for a magazine, and the data about the prices may be representative. Therefore I would charge from £3.51-£4.00.
This shows how I constructed my pie charts, I used 'Microsoft Excel'.From this questionnaire I have decided that my magazine will target students aged 16-20 with a pop/rock genre. I will publish the magazine montly and charge between £3.51 and £4.00 per copy.


No comments:
Post a Comment