Thursday, 17 February 2011

Image #1 Edit

To make my images look like a magazine cover image, I would have to use Photoshop to edit them and make them pleasing to the eye. This would include getting the lighting just right, editing my background, making sure my model stands out and making her look her best. Here are the steps I took on Photoshop while editing my images:

















Firstly, I used the background eraser tool to remove the background as I felt it didn't look right for a front cover.I then used the gradient tool to create a background that faded from white to black, as this added depth to my photo and also fitted in with the colour scheme. This would also allow any text I put on to stand out.
















Next, I used the healing brush tool to cover any blemishes she had on her face. I also used this to get rid of the shine and reflection on her face, as it looked unprofessional and was very distracting/noticeable. I also used this tool along with the clone stamp tool to get rid of the shine on her lips and ensure the red colour was all over the lips. I then made her eyes more saturated using the paintbrush tool so they would stand out. I then upped the contrast +15 to ensure all the colours stood out.

Here are the before and after shots of one of my favourite images:

















As you can see, it is now much more clear, eye-catching and rock like. I will now edit my second image and see which one I think has turned out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment