
Here I have used the background eraser tool to get rid of the background, as again, it did not seem right to put on the front of a magazine. I also used the healing brush tool to remove any blemishes from her face. Then, I used the clone stamp tool to fill in the gap in her fringe, as this could of distracted the audience. I then used the gradient tool to create a new background: white fading into black. I then upped the contrast +15 to make the different colours and shades stand out. Next, I upped the saturation +10 and the lightness +5 to ensure that the reds and her facial features in the photograph were noticeable and eye-catching.

Next, I used the healing brush tool a little more to get rid of the shine on her face. I then used the clone tool to shape her eyebrow properly and disguise the out of place hairs as not to distract my audience. I then used the brush tool to fill in the white parts of her lips red to make them stand out more and also correspond with the colour of her t-shirt. I also used the same tool to make her eyes a little more black to give more of a rock look. I then upped the saturation of her pupils to make them stand out more also. Finally, I used the brush tool to make her face a little warmer and even colour, to give it a photo-perfect look that models on music magazines usually have.

Again, as you can see, my image now looks more tidy, bold and overall more likely to be seen on the cover of a rock music magazine. I will now compare both edited photographs and make a decision on which one is the most effective.
No comments:
Post a Comment