Thursday 17 March 2011

Start Of Contents Page - Title

I found that creating and placing the title for my front cover before doing anything else helped a lot, so I decided to do the same with my contents page. In most of the pages I have researched the title is simply 'Contents' as it addresses the reader directly and doesn't confuse them. So this is what the title of my contents page will be. As with previous titles, I found many good rock-like fonts on dafont.com, so I went back here to find one for my contents page. I had previously seen one I liked called Frakturika and thought this would be perfect for the title of my contents page. Here is the font:




















As you can see, it is eye-catching, unusual and rugged. This will fit in perfectly with the rock genre of my magazine. Here is my title in this font:




I thought that my title would look quite boring left in black and white, and I wanted it to stand out. So I put a black background behind it to contrast with the white background of the rest of my page. I also changed the font colour to a mustard yellow, as I thought the dullness of the colour suited the rock look of my magazine, yet the yellow would stand out against the other colours. I also noticed a lot of other magazine such as Kerrang! using yellow in their contents pages for impact. Here is title so far:









I also noticed that rock magazines from my research such as Kerrang!, NME and Q usually used a small tagline underneath their title, which includes the date, website and issue number. So I decided to add this to my own in a white arial font, with small lines separating each different part. I put these lines in the same red as on my front page so the colour scheme is somewhat continuous. Here is my finished title:









I then opened an A4 page in Photoshop and placed it in the top left hand corner, as this is where I planned to put the title. I then put a line towards the right of the page to create a template, as I know I want to keep this area clear for my index. Here is my contents page so far*:

























*The black border will not be on my finished product, this is just to show the edges of the page as it is white.

No comments:

Post a Comment