Monday 28 March 2011

Finished Contents Page

I have now finished my contents page after much work on it. Here it is:
























Overall, I am very pleased with his this has turned out. I think the colour scheme works as it includes my magazine house colours (red, black and white) but with a hint of yellow to make it more diverse and eye-catching. I also think these colours still connote rock and relate to my audience. The main image is very effective and slightly more professional looking than the cover, which is what is needed in a contents page. I think the positioning works well and the addition of the guitar and headphones relates to my audience as it is associated with rock music. The smaller images help to fill up the page with interesting features without making it look messy and cluttered. These small images feature a diverse range of artists, both male and female, live and posing and with different musical instruments - it will please each of my target audience in some way. I think the index is clear and easy to use and is in a very good position as it is one of the first things you notice when you look at the page.

I can now start to work on my double page spread next. I will again begin by researching some existing double page spreads to help me along.

No comments:

Post a Comment