Friday 22 April 2011

4. Who would be the target audience for your media product?

A target audience goes much beyond just music tastes, therefore I needed to identify what a typical reader of my magazine likes and does in their free time. So I asked several questions to the same people I used to ask questions to in my first initial questionnaire when I was gathering my targets audience wants and needs. Here are the extra questions I asked:































Here is an example of a person I know who would be a typical reader of my magazine:


Name: Charlotte
Age: 20
Music Taste: Rock/Indie
Favourite Bands: Red Hot Chilli Peppers/Nirvana
Favourite Shop: Topshop
Favourite TV Programme: Misfits


















Here is a reader profile for my magazine:


Project Phoenix

Bauer Media Company created Project Phoenix as a way of looking more closely at music. I studied this and found out the following:

- Music is the most popular hobby in the UK, before even films

- There is still a very big niche in the market for music

- People like to experiment and mix their music taste a lot

- Live music is more popular than ever

Project Phoenix hs 4 main categories.

  • Background Listeners. (39% of the 16-45 population)
  • The headliners (20% of the 16-45 population)
  • Track hunters (24% of the 16-45 population)
  • Pace-setters (17% of the 16-45 population)

My magazine is mostly aimed at pace-setters as they are the people most interested and obsessed with music. They will buy albums rather than singles and regularly attend gigs to religiously follow their favourite bands.


No comments:

Post a Comment