Friday 1 April 2011

Question 6.

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? Throughout the process of producing my product, I have learnt that the production of a magazine uses a much wider variety of technologies than I had first imagined. Firstly, I have become much more familiar with PhotoShop. This is a program which I used in every stage of the process. I used it to edit the images which I took and I used it to construct the magazine pages themselves. Before producing this piece of media, I had never used this software and I am new much more confident in using the different tools and features. Functions such as the ‘magnetic lasso tool’ and the ‘smudge tool’ became very useful when editing and re-designing the images which I had taken. Another program which I am now much more familiar is DaFont. This is a program which helped me to style the font of my pages with much more distinction as it gave me a much wider choice of font designs to choose from. Without this program I feel that my magazine would have been much less unique and would not have represented the ideologies which I had tried to mirror as clearly. Due to this, it was a very important program for me. I also learnt a lot about the digital camera which I used to take my photos. I used a CANON EOS 1000D Digital SLR camera to do my photo shoots and I believe that this created very high quality images. I learnt a lot about how to transfer images form and to the camera and a lot about how to use the camera most effectively to create the best shot. Along with this, I learnt a lot about the studio lights and the different technologies which can enhance the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment