Friday, 15 October 2010

Style Model

These are my music magazine style models that I inappealing, I liked these magazine front covers because they are quite basic and colour co-ordinated. My style models showed me that it is possible to have a basic magazine front, this is common among fashion magazines, however it also works with a music magazine, for example 'NME' (New musical express).

The Top Left
This is an 'NME' special edition magazine, the star on the front cover is Florence. The photo of her takes up around 90% of the page, leaving a small gap for the white 'NME' title situated on the top left of the page. This front cover hardly has any text, in comparison to the average 'NME' magazine (that isn't a special edition magazine).

The Bottom Left
This isn't a special edition version of 'NME', however I like how defined the photo is. This photo would grab the target market's attention. I aim to have an eye-catching photo too, which also covers around 80% fo the A4 page. In comparison to the 'special NME' editions, the fonts of the text varies a lot.

Centre

This is another version of 'NME' special edition, this is my favourite out of all the style models, because the colours match. This is what I aim to do, as it is simple and has a red colour scheme.

Top Right

This is an 'Anniversary Special' of 'NME', this picture isn't colourful but is still eye-catching because the image looks at the reader. The image only takes up around 60%/70% of the page, this is not what I aim to do, I would like my image to cover around 95% of the page.

Bottom Right

This other special edition version of 'NME' is very eye-catching as it has clashing colours, such as bright pink and bright blue. The image also has a prop of a bird, which can be seen as art related. The title is situated in the top left corner, which is very common for music magazines.




No comments:

Post a Comment