Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Evaluation Question Five

How did you attract/address your audience?
The first thing I did to attract my audience was to make sure I used bands which are familiar to the audience I'm aiming towards. For example, I used bands like Good Charlotte and not bands such as Girls Aloud.


Another thing I did was to use a number of different pictures rather than just one, as this makes the magazine seem more full and more interesting, rather than plain. If the magazine looks like it has a lot going on, then it is more likely to attract people as they would want lots of information, as to get value for their money. An example of this is the real life Kerrang! magazine I used for inspiration:
This is my magazine compared:


I also noticed that a lot of music magazines use the colour scheme of black, white and red. And this is evident with the above image of Kerrang! magazine. I also found a few more magazines which follow this style:

Overall I think I've attracted my audience quite well, using things which are similar to already exsisting magazines, which makes people want to buy my magazine as it is what they already are familiar with, and they know the type of thing they will get. I also think I've attracted my audience too, by doing this trick. If people already read Kerrang! they will be familiar with the style. If they see my magazine and associate with it, then they will be more likely to buy my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment