Monday, 13 December 2010

Final Contents

This is my contents page, I was very pleased about the result since I feel it met all the attributes required. It was strongly based on a KERRANG! contents page as I used various techniques that feature very prominantly in a contents featured in a KERRANG! magazine. Firstly the use of a consistant colour scheme is very similar to a KERRANG! type contents, with the use of black, white and yellow being featured heavily in my contents page aswell. The way I have layed out the photos of my artists in my contents is also extremely similar to a KERRANG! contents page with them featuring towards the bottom left of the page. The contents bar along the right hand side of the page is also taken from a KERRANG! magazine in the way it is layered, I felt this looked good and would look more proffesional as a whole. The final thing which derived from a KERRANG! magazine was the idea behind the contents title and the black box in which it appears, this was taken from a magazine and adapted for my magazine through the usage of my own font that appears on the DYNAMIC front cover.

There are other features of my contents however that were not taken from a KERRANG! magazine, and were ideas of my own invention for the contents page. The editors box in the top left corner was not something that would appear in a KERRANG! magazine since the one that appears in KERRANG! is much more matchy to the colour scheme and is white and black. The one in my magazine that appears in a red box that looks more likey to appear in a magazine such as NME with the font and the colouring. However I feel this works since it contrasts the other colours well as the red makes it more quirky and stands out on the cover, I think this works well without over doing it. The borders around the pictures were also my idea as I thought it looked better than leaving small white gaps in between the pictures and fills out the contents well, giving it a much buisier look. The pictures themselves have some direct audince adress making them stand out and connect with the reader more whilst others have more of a live action pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment