Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Front Cover Continued

I decided to add a bit more to my title to really make is something special and the best it could be, so I decided to include some sound-waves running behind it, as it relates to my title 'Volume!' very well, and also gives it a more edgy look. I created two squiggly lines in different shades of red and lowered the opacity so they that don't distract the audience's attention from the title. I then overlapped these and placed them behind the heading. Here is the overall effect:
























I then started to create a tagline to go above my title, as I found in my research that a lot of magazines have these. Most that I have seen are advertising either a feature inside the magazine, or an achievement that the magazine has gained. For mine I thought I would keep with the rock contest and advertise the '100 greatest rock anthems' list inside the magazine, as I think this is something my audience would be interested in reading. I created the tagline on Photoshop, using a black rectangle for the background, and bold arial font in red and white for the text. Here is the tagline:



I placed both these effects on to my front cover so far. Here is how it now looks:

No comments:

Post a Comment