Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Front Cover Continued

Next I decided to make a bottom bar to go at the very bottom of my magazine, kind of like the tag line but a little bit bigger. I noticed a lot of music magazines have these at the bottom of the page to list what other bands are going to feature in the issue this week. It is usually titled 'Plus'. Before I did this I needed to figure out some bands that needed to be added to the list. To do this I asked a few of my peers who are in my target audience what bands they would like to see in the magazine, plus I also thought of some rock bands I knew of and liked myself. Here is what we came up with:

-Vampire Weekend
- The Strokes
- Biffy Clyro
- Muse
- Francesqua
- Architects
- Two Door Cinema Club
- Rise Against
- Queens Of The Stone Age
- Blink 182

I felt that each of these bands provided a slightly different genre of rock to the magazine and therefore would include something to please my target audience. Here is the finished bottom bar:







I also needed to add a barcode area to the page, as I have previously researched. I thought that the best place to put this may be next to the bottom bar in the bottom right hand corner of the magazine, as it wouldn't be much of a distraction down there. I also added important information above the barcode such as website, price and issue number. I decided to price my magazine at £2.50, as my target audience said that they would pay between £2.00 and £2.99 for a weekly music magazine, and this is right in the middle of that range. They are also students so I have kept it fairly cheap. Here is the barcode:

















Here is my magazine after making these changes:



No comments:

Post a Comment