Monday, 21 February 2011

Start Of Front Cover

To begin with, I thought I would add my title to my image as I already know what this is going to be. Also the title along with the image are the two most important things on the cover, so it is important that before anything else, I get them in the right position. Here is the font I previously chose for my title:














I opened a new page in Photoshop and set it to international A4 as this is usually the size of magazines. I then dragged and dropped my image into it and resized it accordingly. I then opened my title up and dropped this onto the image also. Here is the cover so far:
























As you can see, I have edited the Volume! title slightly to make it fit in with the work. I have it a white drop shadow to outline it and ensure it stood out from the dark background. I also added a dark inner shadow with a 75% opacity just to ensure that the middle of the letters were still quite dark and therefore contrasted with the white outline. I also think this adds a more gritty, rock like edge to the text. I added an '!' to the title too, like Kerrang! has to make it more bold and edgy. Here is a print screen of the changed I made to it:

No comments:

Post a Comment