Friday, 25 February 2011

Front Cover Continued

I now decided to add an extra feature in the gap between my main feature and my bottom bar. I noticed a lot of magazine feature free give aways, from posters to CDs. As my target audience have an interest in live music and usually attend gigs, I decided a 'live poster special' feature would appeal to them. Also, I attend a lot of gigs myself, so I have many good photographs of live bands which I could use for this. Here are the three images I will use as an example of some of the live poster inside my magazine:

























































The bands in each of these photographs are Muse, Biffy Clyro and We Are Scientists. These are all rock bands which will appeal to my target audience. I put borders around each of these on Photoshop to add them onto a black background and give off a kind of Polaroid photograph effect. Here is the overall effect and how I achieved it:





























I then added some text to the side of the live poster bar. I used arial bold to write 'FREE!' in capitals to attract the attention of the audience, as they tend to like freebies. I then added another background that I created using the paintbrush tool, again just by ruggedly scribbling to create a rough rock-like effect in red. I then added 'LIVE POSTER SPECIAL' underneath in red, but added white outlines to the words to make them stand out more. Here is the finished feature:










Here is my front cover so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment