Monday 21 March 2011

Contents Page Continued

Now after placing the two biggest parts of my contents page (the title and main image), I decided it was time to put some of the smaller images I had been gathering on it. I really liked the way that Kerrang! set their smaller images around the main image in square shapes, in a grid like setting. I thought it looked very neat, yet the page still looked like it had a lot going on. I gathered 5 images overall:
- One from a planned shoot in college
- One from a previous gig
- Three from my trip to Los Angeles

I cropped each of these images into squares and edited them slightly, only making slight adjustments to the brightness, contrast and saturation, as they will only be small features of my contents page. I also have them drop shadows like I had for the main image. Here are my five images:













This image is of The Kooks' lead singer Luke Pritchard, I thought it would work well on my front cover as it is an action mid-shot of a typical indie rock artist, which will appeal to my audience, especially as he is playing a guitar.













This is another mid-shot of a slightly different looking type artist. She looks more of an country rock type artist due to her blonde hair, grassy background and acoustic guitar, yet the black vest and bold cardigan still gives her an attitude. I chose this to add a different type of rock to the page to appeal to all audience members. Also, this image contrasts from the others as she is posing with the guitar rather than actually playing it.














This image is from my trip to Los Angeles when we went to see Biffy Clyro. It is of the lead Simon Neil, who is also mentioned on my front page and so provides a nice link to that. This is an action shot of him playing electric guitar, which appeals to the more heavy rock fans in my audience. Although you cannot see much of his face, this picture is still effective due to the action and stance he is standing in. Also, his long hair, beard, tattoos and the fact he is wearing no shirt is very distinctive, and stereotypical of rock musicians.














This is an image that I took in Los Angeles specifically for the magazine. I got my four models to dress in different kind of rock styles and pose as a girl rock band. For example they are each wearing something black, some are wearing sunglasses, one is wearing a heavy leather jacket and one is wearing a red rock-style hoodie. I also thought the backdrop for this would be perfect, we went down to the skate park on Venice Beach where there were many graffiti clad walls that gave off a punk rock look.














This is another picture from the Biffy Clyro gig in LA, but this time of the bassist James. As I cannot use the same band twice on my contents page, I will create a fictitious band and feature to associate him with, as he still has the rock band look. This is another action shot but of a different kind, this time he is singing into a microphone, but clearly has a guitar strap on which is another prop. His rugged hair, beard and tattoos are also stereotypical of rock artists and therefore appeals to my audience.

Now I have all my images together and edited, I will place them onto my contents age. Here is the page so far:


No comments:

Post a Comment