Wednesday 23 March 2011

Contents Page Continued

Next I thought I would create my index or 'navigation bar' down the right hand side of my page, as I have already set aside specific a place for this. I noticed a few conventions of this certain feature in my previous research of contents pages. Here are some things I will need to include:

- A heading
- Various sub-headings
- Feature names
- Corresponding page numbers

Based on what I have researched I have decided that my main heading will be: This week. This will be followed by four sub-headings: News, Live Music, Album Reviews and Features. Under Under News I will include features about what has happened lately with bands that I think will interest my audience, for example the recent departure of Ali Dean from the metal band Architetcs. Under Live Music and Album Reviews I will name rock bands who I think will be popular to my target audience. I noticed that in a lot of music magazines they have a 'Features' section, which tells the audience of things that appear in the magazine each week and new ones that are specific to the issue. Mine will include features such as 'Live Poster Special' (like on my front cover) and 'New and unsigned bands'. This will appeal to my audience as they enjoy listening to and hearing about rock bands, old and new.

Here is the main heading I created on Photoshop, with a black background to make it stand out and red bold arial font to correspond with my front page colour scheme:






Here is an example of one of the sub-headings I created on Photoshop, with another black background to allow it to stand out and yellow bold arial font to tie in with the other yellow features on the page:







Here is an example of one of the small feature stories I created with a page number. These go underneath the corresponding sub-heading. I used regular arial font in black for this as I wanted it to be simplistic as to not distract the audiences attention or make my page look too busy and cluttered:






Here is my completed contents index:
























I added this to the designated place on my contents page. Here it is so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment