Thursday 24 March 2011

Contents Page Continued

Now my contents page is looking close to finished, I just had a few more things to add to complete it. One is the captions underneath my small features photographs and one for my main image. These are fairly straight forward as I have already created some text to match with features on my index. I have noticed that on many Kerrang! contents pages the captions are written in block capitals to make them stand out. I have also noticed the page numbers are made to look more bold as they have a background behind him.

I have created a few captions using Photoshop and the skills I have been picking up on Photoshop throughout the production of my magazine. I used regular black arial font in capitals to make the captions stand out, but kept them black and white so they do not clutter the page. I used bold headings above each caption to introduce what it was about, this was always the band name. I then created the page number to place the the right of each caption so the reader can navigate to each feature easily. I put the numbers in bold red font on a black background to make them eye-catching. Here is an example of one of the finished captions:













I noticed that there was no white space around my main image to add a caption, so this would call for a a different type of caption. Instead of placing it off the image, I added a black background as the image was fairly light, and I placed it in the top right hand corner of the image. Here is the main image caption:

















I also remembered from my research that most contents pages feature some kind of subscription offer. This would go well with my magazine as my target audience are mainly students who would want to save as much money as possible. Therefore I designed a small offer for 10 issues for £15, and included a print screen of a this weeks front cover to give them a reminder of what they would be getting. Here is the finished feature:



















I then placed all the features onto my contents page. Here is my contents page so far:


No comments:

Post a Comment