Friday 1 April 2011

Question 3.

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


IPC media is an institution which produces over 60 high quality and iconic media brands. With IPC distributing my main inspiration, NME magazine, I feel that this would be the most relevant location for my magazine to be distributed. Despite my magazine not following exactly the same conventions which NME magazine follows, it does have a similar style and outlook and most importantly, it targets the same demographic as it’s audience. I believe that as one of IPC’s main audiences is the demographic of ‘Men’ and mass markets in general, it would be ideal to branch out to my audience. As the market which my media product would be competing in would be an oligopoly, my magazine would be able to fit in due to its unconventional features; however I believe IPC would be necessary due to its power in this industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment